The Power of Internships
Leadership exCHANGE is very excited to partner with these HQ Raleigh Companies for January 2016.
These Raleigh Fellows are taking part in a comprehensive four-week program that cultivates the entrepreneurship, leadership, and cross-cultural skills of young entrepreneurs & social entrepreneurs. Highlights for students include:
- Interning with Innovative HQ Raleigh Companies
- Living @ The Think House and area Airbnb.
- Learning Lean Start Up Method @ HQ Raleigh while they work on their own New Venture
- If you lose their contact information, please see your company section below!
- Students will be generally be available for your internships in the afternoon from 1PM-5PM. There are 1-2 exceptions as we work around speaker availability. Below is our calendar for your quick reference.
- There will be times where your schedule will not permit you to be available during internship blocks. Please feel free to give students work while you are away. They will work @ HQ Raleigh.
- Please feel free to invite the students into your lives. They will really enjoy building relationships with you.
Goal: To engage in a mutually beneficial project: company gains extra staff power and skills; students gain new knowledge and experience.
Expectations: Please designate a Contact Person who will supervise the project. Please give the intern the chance to learn about the company, gain an insider's perspective on how start-ups work, and have interaction with the other company team members.
Evaluation: Students are expected to perform up to your level of standards, so please let us know if they are not. They get class credit for the work they do for you, so if it is sub-par, please let us know. I'll have a weekly check-in with you to see if you need anything, but please do not hesitate to reach out.
- Start Date: January 8, 2016
- Culture Night at the ThinkHouse: January 11th, 2016. 6PM. (Students would love it if you stopped by. This is an energetic night).
- Internship End Date: January 28th, 2016
- Student Idea Pitch at HQ: January 29th. 9:15AM. (Students would love it if you stopped by).
- Final Dinner & Awards Ceremony: January 29th. 5:30-7:30PM. Locations TBD. (Please make plans to attend. We'd like you to say a few words about your student).
Fees: There is no fee, but there are opportunities to sponsor fun events. Almost half of our students are receiving scholarship monies due to financial hardship, so any event sponsorship is helpful! If you're interested in sponsoring one of these events, please let Ryan Finch know. Please invite your team members to the event!
- Lunch after volunteering at Raleigh City Farm
- Pizza Dinner and Whiteboarding Session at ThinkHouse
- Food for Final Dinner Presentation
- Other event you think is a 'must do' in Raleigh
Thank you! Ryan Finch | 336.501.0839 | email@example.com
Thank you to HQ Companies Participating in this Partnership